Did you ever wish for Android 4.3 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y ? Then today I am here to fulfill that. No I’m not joking, though Samsung officially haven’t released any Android 4.3 update for it’s Galaxy Y – neither it’s going to release any in future, but that can’t limit us from enjoying the Jelly Bean 4.3 experience. Thanks to XDA developer nsnikhil, who gifted the 4.3 update to S5630 user in the form on CyanoCream V3 custom ROM. So let’s discus it’s features, screenshot and installation process in detail.
CyanoCream is a CyanogenMOD based custom Rom for Galaxy y, which itself based on Android 4.3. I don’t think I need to say any words on CyanogenMOD, because everyone knows what it is. Almost all the Samsung Android device got CM port, Galaxy Y also got it CynogenMOD port but unstable one. So nsnikhil took that CM as a base and created this CyanoCream Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
There are lots of ROM’s available for Galaxy Y S5630, but the reason I posted this ROM is because of its unique theme / look. So far the best custom Rom available for Samsung Galaxy Y is CyanoCream, not only because of its unique theme but also off it Performance, smoothness, stability. One more reason of posting this ROM is because the original thread have been deleted from XDA, so If I won’t post it, no one will able to use this cool ROM.
Jelly Bean Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y- Features
- Android 4.3 Calender with Agenda options too.
- Cool Transparent Android 4.3 Memo.
- Awesome looking Android 4.3 FM Radio.
- Fast, Simple Sleek Presenting CyanoCream Camera.
- All Google Apps updated to Latest Version.
- Modified Gapps to look like JellyBean Apps
- Sleek and Smooth CyanoCream Framework in jellybean flavour.
- All new transition animations
- Lovely and sleek Jelly Bean Tabbed Settings.
- Beautiful Android 4.3 Transition Animations.
- Android 4.3 Desk Clock and Clock Widgets.
- CyanoCream Transparent Dialer with HD Caller screen Images support.
- CyanoCream Transparent Ui Contacts with HD Contacts Images.
- Settings with in built features like : Cpu Frequency Control,Gallery Lock,BenchMark,System app Installer, etc..
- Cyanogenmod 10 10 File Manager.
- Android 4.3 Status Bar With Some CyanoCream Touch Ups.
- Stylish Android 4.3 Icons.
- Transparent Messaging app with multiple theme support.
- Jelly Bean Themed Calculator, Task Manager, Google Search, GMail and Email apps.
- All new CyanoWallpapers app with more than all new 50 wallpapers.
Extra Tweaks applied for smooth performance and multitasking
- Adrenaline Engine 4.4
- Loopy Smoothness.
- Journalism Off.
- Kick Ass Kernelised
- V6 Super charger Script
- 3g Turbo Boost
- Wi-Fi After Burner
- Mobile Bravia Engine 3
- CyanoCream Sound Manager with Dolby Sound
- 18 Local.prop Tweaks
- 20 Build.prop Tweaks.
Ok, so here’s the end of list for features, now lets checkout what are the requirements to use this Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y.
Before you begin
1) First of all make sure to create a backup of all the important SMS, contact, call logs present on your phone.
2) After that download all 4 required things from bellow section. (ROM, CWM, KERNEL, WI-FI drivers)
How to Install Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y
1) Download all the four zip from above and move them to your SD card.
2) Switch off your phone.
3) Now you have to boot into your recovery mode, to do that Press and HoldVolume UP + Home + Power button together, release the button press when Samsung Logo appears.
4) Skip this step 4 and follow step 5 if you have already installed CWM recovery on your phone before. If not follow this > Select apply update from SD card > then select choose zip from SD card > browse and select the CWM_TEMP.zip from SD card > select on YES to confirm flashing.
5) After that back to recovery main menu, select the mount and storage option, then make sure to mount the following option one by one : mount system , mount data, mount cache.
6) Now again back to recovery main menu , and select Install zip from SD card, followed by “choose zip from SD card” > browse and select the White-xp-kernel.zip> Yes to confirm flashing.
7) So we have completed installation of White Kernel, now we have to install the Wi-Fi driver. To do that back to recovery main menu > Install zip from SD card and followed by “Choose zip from SD card” > browse and select the Wi-Fi driver.zip > Yes to confirm flashing.
All the required thing to run this Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y has been installed, now it’s time to install the actual Jelly Bean Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y.
8) Back to main menu > go to advance option > then select Reboot Recovery. This will restart the recovery mode, which is important to proceed with bellow steps.
9) When the device boots up in recovery, go to “mount and storage” option > format > then format the followings one by one : Format system, format data, format recovery.
10) When the formatting is over, go to mount and storage again > this time select mount > and then mount the followings one by one : mount system, mount data, mount cache.
11) Again back to recovery main menu, select advance option > wipe dalvik cache > Yes to confirm wiping.
12) Finally that step arrived when you will be installing the ROM zip. So select “Install zip from SD card” > Choose zip from SD card > browse and select theCyanoCreaM_v3_XHRR.zip from your SD card > YES to confirm flashing.
13) When the flashing is over, come back to recovery main menu > select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” > Yes to confirm the wipe.
14) For the last time, back to main recovery menu > select Reboot system now.
hmn… You did it. You have successfully installed the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y S5630. Please have a not after selecting reboot system now, it make take a while to restart for the first time, don’t pull out battery in panic.
Hope you liked our detailed guide, please support us by sharing this article with your friend. If you can’t then at least like this guide or follow us on Google+ for more such updates on Samsung Galaxy Y S5630.