Do you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running Android 4.1.1 or 4.3 Jelly Bean Operating system ? Then be prepared to upgrade it, today here I will guide you how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to latest released Android 4.4 KitKat OS by installing Paranoid Android ROM.
Paranoid Android is a Custom ROM made my a group of 3rd party developers. It offers ROM’s for Phone, Tablet & Phablet. As this is a Custom update so you can’t simply install it on your phone. You have to perform two more steps before you can install it on your phone they are Rooting & Installing Custom ClockworkMOD Recovery.
So if you haven’t done those 2 steps yet please search in Google & complete them, then come back to this guide or make it bookmark then you won’t lost this guide.
Image Credit : Stuart
Note : As this is not an official update, so installing this ROM will void your device warranty, follow the steps carefully & most important do at your own Risk.
If you’re still interested in installing this Android 4.4 KitKat update for Galaxy Note 2then please go through bellow requirement steps.
[This update work only with N7100, International Samsung Galaxy Note 2].
Requirement’s for Updating Galaxy Note 2 to KitKat 4.4
1) Like I said above, root your Note 2 first.
2) Then Install Clockworkmod Recovery on it.
3) Charge your device more up to 80% or more.
4) Ensure the device is SIM unlocked (not locked to specific carrier)
5) Now Turn ON the USB Debugging Option on your phone. This is an important step so do it carefully. To turn ON USB debugging mode do this >
- Open Setting
- Go to About Phone
- Scroll to the end of about phone menu & find the “Build Number” option.
- Tap that “Build Number” tab 7 times repeatedly.
- Click back & come back to main Setting menu page.
- You should see a new option have added to your setting menu “Developer Option”
- Go to developer option & at the middle of list you will be USB Debugging option.
- Tap at the right edge of USB debugging to turn it on.
6) Now make a complete backup of your existing firmware. You can do this by following the short steps bellow.
- Switch off your phone
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
- Release the button press when you see the Galaxy Note 2 logo on your screen.
- By now you should have enter into recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate up & down.
- Select backup and restore option
- Then select backup
- Now allow up to 15 minutes or more to complete the backup process.
- Note : Don’t delete this backup from your SD card. If by any chance you brick your phone then just boot into recovery mode, select backup and restore, then select restore & this backup will be flashed on your phone.
Things to be Downloaded :-
- Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Galaxy Note 2 (Paranoid Android)
- Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4 Google Apps package (Gapps)
How to Install Android 4.4 Kitkat update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1) First of all download the Android 4.4 KitKat update zip from above link.
2)The downloaded ROM will be in a ZIP format, don’t extract it. Copy paste the zip to your Galaxy Note 2.
3)Then download the Google Apps package from second link & copy paste it to Note 2. (don’t extract)
4)After successfully copying those 2 zip file to your phone, switch it down.
5)Press & hold Volume Up+Home+Powerbuttons all together until the Galaxy Note 2 logo shows up. Immediately release the button press after the Galaxy Note 2 logo shows up. Now you will be in CWM/TWRP recovery mode, use Volume Up/Down keys to navigate & power button to select file if you’re in CWM recovery & use screen touch if you’re in TWRP recovery mode.
6)Now you have to delete/wipe the previous OS which is loaded on your phone, to do that follow this.
- CWM Recovery user : Select “Wipe Data/Factory reset” option > followed by YES. Then Select “Mount and Storage” option from recovery menu > followed by Wipe data and system > YES.
- TWRP Recovery user : Tap the “WIPE” button then Data, System and cache.
7) Now we will install the UPDATE, follow this >
- CWM user : Come back to recovery main menu, select “install zip from sdcard” > choose the ROM zip from SD card (not the Google Apps zip) > YES to confirm flashing.
- TWRP user : Come back to recovery main menu, select “Install” > choose the ROM zip from SD card (not the Google Apps zip) > Swipe the slider to confirm flashing.
8) Now again back to recovery main menu & install the Google Apps zip in the same manner you installed the ROM zip (follow step 7 only).
9) Finally select reboot system now, to restart your phone. [Note : First time booting me take more than 10 minutes]
Wait, it’s not over yet. So far you have Installed Paranoid Android ROM & Google Apps zip, means you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to KitKat Android 4.4. You can stop the process here if you only want the Android Upgrade, but if you want to ROOT the upgrade android 4.4 KitKat OS then follow the steps 9 & 10.
9) Ok, so if you have decide to perform the complete process then first download the SuperSU_Root.zip , transfer the zip file to your NOTE 2 > Switch off the device > boot into recovery menu.
10) Select “install zip from sdcard” > choose zip from sdcard > select the SuperSU zip > Yes to confirm flashing. After flashing done, select Reboot System Now option and you’re done with updating galaxy note to android 4.4 kitkat.
Congrat’s you have successfully installed the Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Galaxy Note 2. Hope you enjoyed this guide, follow us on Google+ orTwitter for more updates relating to Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If this guide worked for your please consider leaving feedback in bellow comment area.