HI all Galaxy Grand user, today I’m gonna show you how to install clockworkmod or so called CWM custom recovery on Samsung galaxy Grand Duos. This process of installing Clockworkmod recovery on galaxy grand duos works with both stock & recent android 4.2.2 jelly bean update by Samsung, just make sure that the device is Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082).
If you are going to install clockworkmod recovery on samsung galaxy grand duos then probably you know what is it? CWM Recovery is nothing but a custom recovery which is needed by all android user if they wish to upgrade their devices. Also custom recoveries helps in unbricking & repairing android handset, so in one word Clockworkmod / CWM recovery is must. For Some device Custom recovery are also used for rooting, that’s mean you have to install recovery first then only you can root it & same is applicable to I9082, you have to install cwm recovery on galaxy grandfirst then only you will be able to root it.
Not all Clockworkmod Recoveries works on every device, like you can’t install Samsung galaxy S3 clockworkmod recovery on galaxy grand, there are separate cwm recovery for separate device. Thanks to xda developer chotu222 for sharing this Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy Grand duos i9082. So are you ready to do this then lets check out what are the requirements for installing cwm recovery on Samsung galaxy grand duos gt I9082.
Requirement to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
1) 60% charged Grand Duos.
2) Running on stock or jelly bean 4.2.2.
3) Make a full backup of important things like SMS, contacts list etc. – This process may erase all those thing.
- Join us on Facebook for more updates…
How to Install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS
1) First of all download the USB driver, its a .exe file so double click on it to begin installation. Make sure to install that software in C:\ drive of your PC. After installing driver, restart your PC.
2) Download the ODIN flasher & Clockworkmod recovery from above given link & place them on your desktop.
3) Enable USB debugging on your S duos, to do that go to Setting > Application > Development > Tick mark the small box beside usb debugging.
4) Now extract the ODIN flasher which your downloaded earlier on your desktop , also extract the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip (once).
5) Turn off them phone, wait for 10 sec. Now press & hold Volume Down + Power + Home button together until GT-I9082 logo appears on the screen, now left button when you see that logo & press the Volume UP button once to enter into Galaxy Grand Duos Download mode.
6) Now connect the phone to computer via original USB cable while it’s in download mode. Wait until ODIN detects the device & the ID:COM box in ODIN turn blue. Also an Added message will appear in white message box just bellow the ID:COM box. Note : If added message doesn’t appear, try different ports.
7) After that go inside the extracted ODIN folder & double click the Odin3 v3.04.exe to run it. (A popup may appear like installing adb driver, don’t cancel it. Let it finish)
8) In ODIN box first of all tick mark the Two boxed saying Auto reboot & F.Reset Time & leave all other unchecked.
9) Now click on the PDA button on odin & a popup will appear, so browse & select the extracted tar file (CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 ) not the downloaded zip archive.
10) Last but not the least, HIT the START button on ODIN to start flashingClockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.
(Note : If you get any error saying md5 hash value failed while installing the recovery, then remove the md5 from the file name & rename it to CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar & flash again.)
So that’s it, when the installation process will be over you will get a PASS!message. So disconnect the USB cable & enjoy clockworkmod recovery on Samsung galaxy grand duos. If you want to root your galaxy grand duos then check our next guide. If you want more updates on Duos I9082 then care to join us on facebook. Thanks for following how to install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082.