Now a days clockworkmod recovery is one of the important things that must be installed on every Android phone. Specially on High end phone like HTC One. Thus our today’s guide is on how to install clockworkmod recovery on HTC One. No doubt HTC One is one of the best Android Smartphone available in Market. Though there is a tough competition between HTC one & Samsung galaxy s4, still HTC one stand alone because of some extra ordinary features which doubtly available in any other Android.
If you are not new to Android world then you must know that almost all kind of android customisation beggins with two essential step : 1) Rooting 2) Installing Custom recovery like Clockworkmod Recovery, TWRP, COT. Like HTC One all other android phone comes with a pre-installed recovery which is also know as Stock Recovery , but stock recovery is not that helpfull. You have to install Clockworkmod Recovery on HTC One in order to Root & install Custom ROMs.
So now you know that you have to install a custom recovery then only you can start optimizing Android. Well nothing to worry about, today we will guide you to install clockworkmod recovery on HTC One. Some files you need to download which are required to complete this proccess , all those files name along with download links are provided in this guide. So lets get started with How to Install Clockworkmod Recovery on HTC One.
Pre-Requirement to install Clockworkmod Recovery on HTC One
1) Charge level must be above 60%.
2) Make Sure your HTC One Bootloader is Unlocked. If you haven’t done yet then try HTC Dev portal to Unlock.
3) While unlocking bootloader you must have downloaded & Installed Android ADB driver. So here we will take that you have installed the SDK already.
4) Download & Install HTC One Driver if you haven’t yet. [Install it after downloading]
5) Last but not the least, download any one of the following 3 custom recovery
- CWM Recovery (Normal = Button )
- CWM Recovery (Touch)
- TWRP Recovery (Touch+Advanced Layout) [Recommended]
Install Clockworkmod Recovery on HTC One
1) Goto C Drive of your PC & make a folder there name it Android.
2) Download this ADB & FASTBOOT zip on your Pc, copy this zip to that Android folder in C:\ drive & extract it there.
3) Now download your desired recovery, rename it to recovery.img (must). After renaming copy it to that Android folder.
4) Now time to make your HTC One boot into HBOOT/Fastboot/Bootloader mode. To do so follow this >> Switch off your HTC One > press the Volume Down+Powerkeys at the same time for a few seconds untill you get a screen like bellow.
5) Use your HTC One volume keys to select the FASTBOOT option in that screen & then press POWER button to confirm it.
6) Connect your phone to computer with USB data cable.
7) Launch command window > to launch command window go back to C:\ drive , press & hold shift button + right click on that Android folder > choose open command window here.
8) When command prompt window get launched, type the following commands in there & hit ENTER button >> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Congo, you did it. You have successfully installed clockworkmod recovery on HTC one in a single attempt.
9) Time to reboot your phone, so just type >> REBOOT & press enter button.
10) Your HTC One will get restarted within few seconds with TWRP recovery installed. So now you can go for rooting or install custom rom whatever you like. Your Android is free for customisation.
So if you liked this easy guide to install clockworkmod recovery on HTC one then please take few secs to share it or give it +1 . You can join us on facebook or google+ for future updates related to HTC ONE M7 like Rooting,Custom Roms,Themes etc.