Samsung is continuing its Galaxy Ace series releasing various models in the Ace series and Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is the newest device in the list. Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is released in 2013 June. There is a lot of development going on the device and you can enjoy the benefit of several custom ROM’s and tweaks. But before you could do that you have to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and Install Clockworkmod Recovery on it.
CWM Recovery or Clockworkmod Recovery is the second important step to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, CWM Recovery is a custom recovery which is available for almost all android phone. The stock recovery which comes with Android Smartphone are not that useful you can’t don’t anything with that, but with a Clockworkmod recovery you can backup the stock ROM and restore it when necessary, you can wipe all the cache and data which the device stored during the course of use. CWM Recovery also helps to install Custom ROM and update the device.
The device is powered by dual core processor coupled with 1 GB Ram which ships with Android 4.2 Jellybean and from a test we came to know it’s capable of running Android 4.4 Kitkat OS smoothly. But because Samsung officially never announced to released any such update, we the developer have created 4.4 kitkat custom ROM for this device. We will discuss about this ROM in our next guide, today lets concentrate on How to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and Install CWM Recovery.
Pre-requirement to Root and Install CWM recovery
- This guide works only with Samsung Galaxy Ace 3.
- Make sure that your device is charged up to 80%>
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Download the Rooting Package to Root and Install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3.
- That’s it you are good to go.
Installing CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Extract the downloaded rooting package you will find several files in it named as
- Nrecovery/Trecovery (Non-Touch/Touch ClockworkMod Recovery)
- Odin_v3.07 (Odin will be used to Flash the Custom Recovery image)
- Start ODIN on your machine.
- Out of the two recoveries you can only flash one recovery recovery either Nrecovery or Trecovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Reboot your device into Download mode with the key combination of Volume Down + Home+ Power and release all the keys after seeing a Warning message and next press volume up you are now in Download mode.
- Now connect your device to the computer and wait for few seconds till the odin recognises your device.
- After ODIN has successfully recognised your device next hit the PDA Button in odin and select Recovery.Img select either nrecovery or Trecovery.
- After selecting the desired recovery image hit start button and wait till it shows Pass message.
That’s it, you have successfully completed the first phase of your guide, now lets proceed to root Samsung galaxy ace 3.
Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip file to root of your sd card.
- Turn off your device.
- Now turn on your device with the key combination of Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Select install zip from SD card, select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip you have copied to sd card and Install it.
- Wait for a few seconds to make sure that installation is successful.
Voila, you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and installed CWM recovery on it. Now you’re free to customize, edit, install, update your Galaxy Ace 3. Make sure to follow us to get future update related to Ace 3 directly on your Mail BOX.